Russel C. Huang, MD
Dr. Russel C. Huang currently serves as Director of the Hospital for Special Surgery Spine Surgery Clinic. In addition to his surgical practice, Dr. Huang has published and lectured extensively on topics such as minimally invasive surgery, lumbar stenosis and disc herniation, cervical disc herniation, intervertebral disc replacement, spine fusion, and cervical myelopathy.
Dr. Huang was educated at Phillips Exeter Academy, Harvard College, and the Yale School of Medicine. After completing his orthopaedic surgery residency at Hospital for Special Surgery, Dr. Huang completed his fellowship training in spine surgery under Dr. Henry H. Bohlman, who is considered by many to be the father of contemporary spine surgery.
Depending on the patient's condition, Dr. Huang performs spinal surgery using traditional techniques or using the latest, cutting edge surgical technologies. These include minimally invasive lumbar decompression and fusion, disc replacement, microsurgical lumbar laminoplasty, and XLIF. For certain types of spinal problems, these techniques can eliminate the need for spinal fusion.
- Director of Spine Surgery Clinic, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, New York - Presbyterian Hospital
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques
- Lumbar Stenosis and Disc Herniation
- Cervical Disc Herniation and Spinal Cord Compression
- Scoliosis and Spondylolisthesis
- Disc Replacement and Nonfusion Technologies
- Cervical Spine Research Society J. William Fielding Award
- National Institutes of Health Cancer Education Grant
- Cervical Spine Research Society Traveling Fellowship Award
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Research Award
- Campbell Prize for Academic Excellence, Yale School of Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- North American Spine Society, Member
- Society of Lateral Access Surgery, Member
To know more about Russel C. Huang, MD please click below links.